Wild Bird Rescue, Inc., serves twelve Texas counties by receiving birds from Texas Parks and Wildlife, Animal Control, Humane Societies, Police Departments, Sheriff's Departments, area businesses, and concerned individuals. We have received over 8,500 birds since the year 2001. We rescue wild birds, rehabilitate them, and then release them back into the wild.



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Sightings & More

This week has been a good birding week right here at the Rescue Center. I saw my first White-crowned sparrows of this year and my first Chipping sparrows of this year.

Other sightings this week; Eurasian Collored Dove, Inca Doves, White-winged Doves, House Sparrows, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, Carolina Wren, Bewick's Wren, Robins, Mockingbirds, Ring-billed Gulls, Double-crested Cormorants, White Pelicans, Belted Kingfisher (heard - not seen) and Sandhill Cranes.

My wife brought me lunch and as I walked her to her car we heard Sandhill Cranes and finally spotted a flock of about two dozen South of us. After lunch I made a trip to the mail box and heard another flock. Never saw them this time. I was thinking it is a little late for them so I looked them up in the North Texas Bird and Wildlife Club's book and sightings this time of year due occur, but are not common.

Great birding week!

No comments:

Post a Comment