Wild Bird Rescue, Inc., serves twelve Texas counties by receiving birds from Texas Parks and Wildlife, Animal Control, Humane Societies, Police Departments, Sheriff's Departments, area businesses, and concerned individuals. We have received over 8,500 birds since the year 2001. We rescue wild birds, rehabilitate them, and then release them back into the wild.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Penny and the Warbler


I just read Penny Miller's blog, Charm of Finches. She reports seeing a Yellow Warbler at her klutzie bird outing at Lake Wichita. My spotting was easier and safer. Sunday morning while enjoying a cup of coffee on my front porch, I watched a Yellow Warbler in our Elm tree. Then, Monday morning, I saw a Yellow Warbler in the Mulberry tree at the rescue center. At left is a picture taken by Michael J. Hopiak for Cornell Lab of Ornithology.

1 comment:

  1. OK, Bob, it's not necessary to rub it in. It wouldn't have been nearly so bad to admit to being so absorbed in a pretty bird like a yellow warbler than I fell, but noooo, it was a grackle. Smart aleck.

    ReplyDelete